This week we started doing up our bathroom. This has proven to be a bit of a pain as it is our only bathroom! We started with the ceilings. The previous owner did not use proper bathroom paints and so even though we mostly keep the window open there was beginning to he mildew marks on the ceiling. This is also an issue because the ceiling is really low compared to some houses.
The previous owner also did not check the watts requirement for the sort of lights they installed so the paint bubbled on the mdf around the downlighters. So that needed extra sanding.
The ceiling had strips of MDF interspaced with plastic mirror strips but we decided to paint over those as well. So I sanded them too inorder to give a grip surface for the paint.
It took me the better part of the day to sand the ceiling and the architraves around the door. I had to keep taking breaks as the blood would run out of my hands from sanding above my head. I did have a sanding block though so that made it a little easier.
The painting took quite a while as the special bathroom paint required 6 hours between coats! That meant that it took us 3 days before the bathroom was fully functional again. The final coat also had to be left for 24 hours before fully dry!!
But we are much happier with the ceiling now and hopefully it will be more mildew resistant. In terms of the bathroom we still need to finish painting the door and the architraves but we were having visitors this weekend and we didn’t think having the only bathroom doorless was very hospitable 😂
On Friday My hands were soooo sore from sanding that I couldn’t knit 😢 but my hands are feeling better today (Sunday)
Hope that you all have been keeping well!
Peace and love Ellie Xoxo