My friend Erika recently adopted two kittens, Harry and Mia. I offered to make some cat blankets for them as Jack loves the blankets that I have made him… and he is always stealing the big blankets I have made for myself.
This is the first of two blankets I have made.
I can’t really tell you each and every yarn that was used because as I said I used a lot of scraps and unfortunately I have not yet come up with a good way of keeping the ball bands along with the scraps! If you have any good ideas please let me know in the comments! I can tell you that it is mostly acrylic (super washable for little kitties) there is a little of my own handspun in there and there is one block that has 4ply sock yarn held double. The acrylics are mainly Stylecraft, Sirdar and James C Brett. Oh and there is one Pound Land yarn in there too.
I used 4mm needles
Start: 11th of May 2022
Finish: 7th of June 2022
100cm long / 39.37 inches
57cm Wide / 22.44 inches
After sewing in the ends I machine washed it on a wool cycle and then hung it up to dry! Shock horror I know, yes I know you’re supposed to dry knitting flat. But this is a cat blanket… for a cat. I am a firm believer in finishing your projects in the way that they are going to be used in the future and I am pretty sure my friend is going to machine wash it and then hang it to dry.
I really enjoyed choosing the colours for this and knitting it up. If there are any questions you have about the project let me know 🙂
Peace and Love